Monday

The Fleeting Days of Summer ...and the Approach of Autumn Golf

A Late Summer Afternoon at Richter Park         photo: Golf Girl Media
“What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” ~ John Steinbeck

For many New Englanders, summer will always seem too short.

Winters tend to be cold and dark here, and sometimes drag on well past the official start of spring.

That possibility makes the final days of August somewhat bittersweet.  Particularly for the golfers among us.    

However, the prospect of a fabulous fall golf season... one that may last through November... can make a waning summer seem far less somber.   And that's exactly what I'm focused on.

After a summer that allowed me little time for golf, I plan to spend numerous autumnal afternoons on courses tinged with crimson and aglow with golden foliage.

11 comments:

  1. Fall is my favorite time of year, for golf and for everything else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already have a group golf trip planned for the Poconos in October.

    Now I need to plan my winter golf trip.

    Since taking the first lessons of my life last year, my enthusiasm for the game went up ten fold.

    No 3 putts Patricia! ;-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its rough here in the az to golf int the summer time. I usual gold around mid October.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howard Gluckman8/27/2012 4:19 PM

    Also looking forward to fall golf here in Colorado. It's the prettiest time of year in the mountains and down here on the plains. We sometimes get to golf all winter, but that hasn't happened for several years now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be lovely to play in Autumn! Over here in the Philippines its mostly year round golf unless its raining. We have two seasons. Rainy (June to August) and the rest of the year is mostly dry. I suppose we are blessed in that we have lots of time for good weather golf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you're thinking about fall already! Golf isn't "played" in autumn in New England, it's "experienced."

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can tell you havn't been in the UK much in the last several years. Resale stores have created a return, although with snazzier marketing as you have seen.The best seo siteGarmin Approach

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the crisp autumn air. The leaves turn color and offer a fantastic display of color. It's also cooler which I much prefer.

    Professional golf in the fall is also top notch. The FedEx Cup and of course the Ryder Cup.

    ReplyDelete
  9. While I too get a bit sad as summer winds down here in PA, there is something to be said about playing golf in the Fall...I think it just seems a bit more serene, and I tend to appreciate every round I get in a bit more, as winter approaches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am playing pound ridge this sunday! 9/9/2012 thanks to the great staff, playing at the butt crack of dawn! Maybe we should play 100$ a hole to make it interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LPGA players are such excellent role models. The dedication and excellence combined with this heartfelt empathy. You really get the sense these girls don't have a mean, selfish bone in their bodies Cohiba Siglo VI.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...